1. Know the value of the vehicle. Know the true value of your candidate car, regardless of what the seller is asking. Condition, mileage, age, equipment levels, and the region all affect vehicle value. Different pricing guide services can list widely varying "book" values. Avoid the high-ball/low-ball game by asking the dealer to use one guide to determine the value of the vehicle for sale and the value of any trade-in you may have.
2. Write down your questions. Come in with a prepared list of questions about the vehicle and check them off when they are answered to your satisfaction. Make sure all your questions are answered.
3. Don't flash your cash. The dealership doesn't need to know anything about your finances during the negotiating process. Do not tell them how much car you can afford, or they'll try to take every penny of it.
4. Stay on the subject. Never allow a salesperson to change the direction of the conversation to matters other than car buying. Salespeople often gloss over important questions, such as vehicle history and price, by changing the subject.
5. Don't be rushed. Salespeople's favorite customers are those who seem to be in a hurry, since they tend to be the ones who do not inspect the car thoroughly or don't negotiate the price. Never go to a dealership acting rushed, even if you need a car immediately-they'll take advantage of it. Many salespeople say they won't pressure or rush you into buying, but they usually do it anyway. If you feel the sales process is moving too fast, tell the salesperson that you'll come back at another time. If the car you're interested in is gone, remember that there are many other cars out there.
6. Be prepared to walk away. Once you've come up with a price you feel is fair, state your offer clearly, and say nothing more. If the seller won't budge, walk away. You shouldn't pay more than what your homework has told you is the worth of the vehicle. If you head for the door, you'll often have a deal you can live with before you reach it.
7. Be wary of costly add-ons. Service contracts, glass etching, undercoating, and paint sealants are all unnecessary add-ons to help the dealership maximize its profits. Don't buy them.
8. Check the vehicle's history. Instead of taking the salesperson's word about the history and condition of the vehicle, get a vehicle-history report from CarFax or Experian Automotive. They can alert you to possible odometer fraud; reveal past flood, fire, and accident damage; or tell you if a rebuilt or salvage title was ever issued for the vehicle. But a clean report is no guarantee that a vehicle doesn't have hidden problems. You can also get a free VIN check from the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
9. Visit a mechanic. After you make an offer, but before you sign a contract of sale, take the vehicle to a qualified mechanic that routinely does automotive diagnostic work. Don't let the dealer tell you they've inspected the car for you. Deduct any needed repairs that the mechanic finds from your offer.
10. Come with your financing secured. Go to a bank or credit union and be approved for a loan before you go to the dealership. The dealer may even try to beat their rate, which works to your advantage.what project x real whose education system is the best where to find road map when project managers know an activity's which science major is the easiest how teaching has changed startup netflix what solution is used for covid test where to produce is an economic problem where to develop 110 film when engineering colleges will open who solution focused brief therapy how many startup fails where to solve physics problems how much workers compensation insurance do i need where the product of a small town why startup is important whu business school ranking how many start ups in the uk what products contain benzene how much project manager earn in india why technology is bad for education how much manager's check bpi how often roadmap releases are published where to equip great runes when product owner is not available what development helped facilitate urbanization how much project management cost how many solutions exist for the given equation why design systems which system engages in mass activation which solutions are hypotonic when tech bytes ltd whom synonyms and antonyms how start up works why teaching middle school is the best who product registration what's the roadmap for lifting lockdown how many equipment or how much equipment who project manager how business loans work where design definition why system ui stopped working what startup accelerators really do whom en español solutions how college how many tech workers in us whu business school ranking whose teaching inspired the french revolution how much tech savvy are you which manufacturer has the most nascar wins how system restore how much project manager salary what business quarter are we in whose operating system what device is espressif which solution is the most concentrated how many project management methodologies are there when project is not ready who teaching resources what entrepreneur mean how much project engineer make what system does the us use where company profile where's device manager how many business days how many startup fails in india what machines or equipment can you operate who roadmap 2020 where to find system properties in windows 10 where to teach online classes playtech how much develop film how much start up money small business when design and access statement required which company is worth the most why technology is good for society roadmap when will hairdressers open what technological development weegy what product to sell on amazon how much system data is normal on mac who teaches you english from where the mansabdari system was borrowed which startup is best when solution of ni2 and nh3 how much product photography cost where is origins product from how many technology in the world how many project diva games are there what technological development weegy what system is the kidney in who is solutions architect why product marketing how design live why product management interview answer where is anya from project runway now how much developer to use which project cars game is the best where can we find an engineer how many system calls are there in linux why development is important in early childhood what product is dr pepper whose immune system is weakened who engineering controls definition how many teaching positions are open in nc on start up meaning whose project is manila international airport what project launched the internet where to solve math equations why entrepreneurs don't scale where system earthing is done what manufacturer makes genesis cars what science is taught in 7th grade who should be ceo of startup where to learn system design where is anthony from project runway how manufacturing rubber what technology is most popular today