- find an earlier driving test (sometimes called a ‘cancellation appointment’)
- move your driving test to a later date
- change which test centre you take your test at
This service is available from 6am to 11:40pm.
Start now on the driving test booking service
You need your:
- UK driving licence number
- driving test reference number or theory test pass certificate number (from the letter you got when you passed your theory test)
You must give at least 3 clear working days’ notice to change your test or you’ll have to pay again. Sundays and public holidays don’t count as working days.
How many times you can change your appointment
You can change your appointment up to 6 times. If you need to make more changes after that, you have to cancel your test and rebook it.
Find driving test cancellations
Use this service to look for all available earlier test appointments.
There isn’t a driving test cancellation list that you can add your name to.
Help with your booking
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help changing your driving test appointment.
How to book your driving theory test on Directgov.mp4
How to pass your North Carolina Drivers Test DMV cliff ...