- Behind-the-wheel instruction provides students with six (6) hours of training—six hours behind the wheel of a BCIU-provided car.
- The curriculum complies with current Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) regulations and all instructors are PDE-certified.
- Students may receive .10 academic credits for successfully completing behind-the-wheel instruction, depending on their school district’s policy.
- Students who complete the 6-hour course should access their “My Learning Plan” account to print the Certificate of Driver Training to apply for a reduction in insurance premium. Students should contact their insurance company for more information. Reduction of insurance premium is granted at the discretion of the insurance company.
- Student drivers wishing to participate in the behind-the-wheel component of driver training must be 16 years old and possess a current learner’s permit.
- Instructors will make individual appointments for behind-the-wheel training for evenings, Saturdays, or Sundays.
- There is no deadline for registering for behind-the-wheel instruction. Registrants will be contacted by the instructor, who arranges the time and day of driving instructions. Names are added to the behind-the-wheel training list as registration forms are received.
Registration for behind-the-wheel training is accepted for all Berks County students throughout the year. However, due to a high volume of students, there is a waiting period of approximately 8 – 12 weeks.
Cost – $305.00
You must register online through My Learning Plan.
- Click View the Course Catalog below.**